Monday, December 23, 2013
FESTIVE DRESSING THE FARFETCH WAY
The festive season isn’t just the perfect time to stuff your face with mince pies and mulled wine; it’s a brilliant opportunity to really show off your sartorial prowess. With everything from the office Christmas party, Christmas day and New Year’s Eve all coming up we’re getting super excited about all of the amazing outfits that we get to show off.
If you love dressing up but want to make sure to avoid being spotted in the same dress as the girl from accounting then why not mix things up a bit this year and try out something a little different.
We love a little black dress as much as the next person but this year we recommend going all out in something a little more fashion forward to really impress your friends. We’ve put together four fantastic festive looks that will see you through till the end of the year. With everything from sultry party looks to Christmas show-stoppers you’ll be sure to find something you like.
When everyone at the office turns up to the work Christmas party in dresses why not go against the grain and wear a pair of statement trousers instead. This look is both stylish and smart and you’ll really stand out from the crowd.
1. H&M Dinner Jacket - £25 – H&M.com - A white blazer is a real investment item and is a perfect way to take any ensemble from day to evening
2. Michael Kors Sequinned Jersey Trousers - £215 – HarveyNichols.com – If there is ever a good time to wear sequins it’s in December, make the most of it in these amazing sequinned jersey trousers from Michael Kors, they’re super comfortable and great for when you’re busting out your best moves on the dance floor!
3. Rag & Bone Jamie Top - £175 – Rag-Bone.com – You simply can’t go wrong with the perfect spagetti strap cami top, sometimes simple and elegant are the best option. This top from Rag & Bone is a little pricey but you can find more wallet friendly alternatives in most high street stores.
4. Kurt Geiger Elliot Metal Stiletto Court Shoes, Nude Patent - £250 – Johnlewis.com – Every girl needs the perfect pair of Nude heels for their amazing leg lengthening qualities. This patent pair from Kurt Geiger will really tie this outfit together nicely, we love the metal heel detailing.
If you’re going out for festive drinks with the girls then why not channel something a little more paired back. This monochrome look is young and fashion forward and the statement necklace makes sure that the look isn’t too dressed down.
1. Isabel Marant H&M T-Shirt – H&M.com – Finding the perfect white tee is a perennial style mission but when we saw this offering from Isabel Marant for H&M we realised that our search was finally over! Wearing a simple white T-shirt is simple yet it can be dressed up for any occasion.
2. Shourouk Crystal Stud Row Necklace - £743 – Farfetch.com – This amazing studded crystal necklace from Shorouk is an absolute show stealer, it will transform any outfit into a winner. If you haven’t got a spare £700 lying around then you can find cheaper but just as nice versions in H&M.
3. Kenzo Eye-print Twill Skirt - £270 – Mytheresa.com – Kenzo has swiftly become one of our favourite designers of the year and their Eye print designs are one of the reasons why. Add a little of the designers laid back cool to your evening repertoire with this super cool asymmetric skirt.
4. Zara Leather High Heel Court Shoe - £61 – Zara.com – Give any look a modern twist with a pair of pointed toe courts like these ones from Zara. The metal ankle strap detailing makes gives them a super luxe feel.
Whatever your plans are for New Year’s Eve having anything less than the perfect dress is just unacceptable. There are some really fantastic items on the high street this year, why not channel one of this season’s biggest trends and opt for something hyper-feminine?
1. Topshop Fluffy Fit & Flare Dress - £79 – Topshop.com – This blush pink dress from Topshop is fantastically flattering, fitted at the waist and then flaring out over your hips. It’s both pretty but also not too fussy; wear yours with a statement necklace to highlight the simple neckline.
2. Zara Mirrored Metallic Clutch - £49 – Zara.com – This metallic clutch from Zara is the perfect size to fit all your essentials in from your phone to cardholder and lipstick. The mirrored effect will give any look a really directional modern feel which contrasts nicely with the vintage cut of the dress.
3. Valentino Rockstud Punkouture Patent Leather Slingback - £640 – Forwardforward.com – The Valentino Rockstud slingbacks have been top of our wish list all year so why not treat yourself to these beauties in time for Christmas. They’re the perfect combination of pretty and sexy – we need them in our lives!
4. NARS ‘Guy Bordin Cinematic’ Lipstick - £16 – Nordstrom.com – With winter comes an abundance of red lips and while we love the perfect rouge hue why not go for a flash of pink this New Years, combined with the perfect wintery blush it’s a look that you can’t go wrong with.
So what do you think of our alternative festive looks? Have you decided what you’ll be wearing over the next couple of weeks?
This guest post was written by Farfetch.