PACKING YOUR ESSENTIALS FOR LFWFriday, September 11, 2015
London Fashion Week is right around the corner and whether you've been going the past 5 seasons or this is your first ever fashion week it is important to be organised so I've put together my essentials that I like to take with me each season. The last thing you want is to miss seeing your favourite designers collection walk the runway simply because you left your tickets in yesterdays clutch bag. Been there, done that.
- Most importantly are your tickets. You've worked so hard on your blog the past 6 months and your pretty impressed with your growth, your statistics and your latest collaborations that you deserve to be there! I tend to pack much like I did my first day at school-get everything organized the day before. Once your outfit and accessories are decided stick your tickets straight into the pocket of your clutch and keep them safe.
- A portable charger will be your best friend come fashion week! I like to keep up to date with my social media, whether I'm scheduling blog posts, tweeting what I've seen on the runway's or uploading my outfit to Instagram you do not want your battery to let you down mid post.
- I like to take my Olympus Pen E-PL7 and 45mm f/1.8 lens everywhere I go and this is also the case with fashion week. If you find it hard to get your photos taken for your blog then utilise the amount of fashion bloggers that will be around at fashion week! Offer to take their photo and ask for them to take yours in return, that way you've got your content and you don't have to bully our boyfriends into it when you get home. (I know the drill.)
- I always carry around my IMac/IPad/notebook. There are plenty of refuel rooms around the venue and it is nice to take 5 minutes out of the hustle and bustle to recharge your batteries. I usually use this time to; write up tomorrows post, upload my street style images or just to jot down the new trends you've been seeing.
- ALWAYS make sure you've got an umbrella with you. We all know what the English weather is like and you don't want to get caught outside in the rain!
- Sunglasses. Not essential, just chic.
If you are reading this and you don't have any tickets to any shows, who cares! Pop down to the new space and take in the environment and the street style. Fashion Week is an exciting time and you should enjoy it too.